Lets stick with our theme of protein packed meals! No need for the grill here!
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves with skin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, (your choice, thyme, parsley, rosemary etc.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (any vinegar will do)
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or water
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until it starts to shimmer. Place chicken breasts in skillet skin side down. Sprinkle with fresh herbs. Do not disturb the breasts until the skin side sears, 5 or 6 minutes. Turn chicken.
- Cook until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F, about 5 minutes. Add vinegar and butter to pan with chicken. Shake pan gently until butter melts and internal temperature of chicken reaches 160 to 165 degrees F, 2 to 3 minutes more. Add a splash of chicken broth or water if sauce needs to be thinned.