This cocktail is very pretty with layers of tequila and grenadine. It is great for a hot a day and the low ration of alcohol to juice makes it perfect for a brunch. Mothers day perhaps?
- 1 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger (shot) tequila
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ice cubes
- 1/2 (1.5 fluid ounce) jigger (shot) grenadine syrup
- 1 slice orange, for garnish
- 1 maraschino cherry for garnish
Stir or shake together tequila and orange juice. Fill a chilled 12 ounce glass with ice cubes; pour in orange juice mixture. Slowly pour in the grenadine, and allow it to settle to the bottom of the glass. Garnish with a slice of orange, and a maraschino cherry.